17 Inspiring Happiness Quotes
Is happiness really important? I find that we all react differently to this question. Most people tend to imagine that happiness is not something we need dearly in life. While others consider happiness as one of the vital necessities to humankind. All the same, we are going to discuss why happiness is so important.
Let’s start by first understanding what happiness is. Happiness is majorly a feeling that is associated with joyfulness and a cheerful mood. But this is not just another simple passing mood. As humans, we are emotional creatures. That is why we experience a range of feelings every day. From the time we wake up to the time we sleep: there’s always a range of different emotions.
What’s more, we even feel what we dream. For instance, have you ever woken up suddenly due to a scary dream? Now, remember how you felt. Terrifying right? Fear and anger are meant to help you get away from danger while laughter and smiles are meant to give you the best time of your life. So why don’t some people find the happiness that important even after all this?
We all tend to believe that in life we need to suffer. Even if you have that dream job, there’s a probability that you might not actually be happy. That said, it’s rare to find someone enjoying their day to day activities. We are miserable creatures and we know it. But that doesn’t mean that this is how we are meant to be. On the contrary, there are a lot of reasons why we need to be happy.
Here is the reason why you should be happy:
People Who Are Happy Tend To Be More Productive
Generally, happy people are often in the self-realization word. That being the case, they spend less time vetting and complaining about their life being unfair. Instead, they are optimistic, self-driven and happy with the life they have.
Hence, such a person get to accomplish more in an average day. That is why happy people will always accomplish more goals than people who are always unhappy.
People Love You
I guess you’d do anything for the most important people in your life. Maybe even die for their sake, right? Well, whatever you are feeling is not displaced. If all you are looking for is a reason to be happy then the best place to start is always with the people who love you.
It doesn’t matter how tough life gets there will be always people who care for you. Of course, your loved ones do not want to see you miserable and unhappy. In that case, if you care about them as much as they care for you, then you will choose happiness for their sakes.
Happiness Means Better Relationships With People Around You
When you are happy, you will find it easier to relate to the people around you. Simply, when you choose to be happy, you will be surprised how well your work relationships will improve. Also, you will notice some difference in how you relate with your friends, family and your other loved ones. Everything is just better where there is happiness.
You Are Alive
At times, it doesn’t matter what you are going through in your life. May it be sickness, sadness, unhappy moments or pain? Being alive is always the one thing that you need to be grateful for. Every day, people we love leave us unexpectedly.
If today was your last day on earth, what would you do? Would you rather spend time whining about all the things you don’t have? I bet not. You would rather spend some good time with your loved ones. Maybe relax, laugh and love the people who care for you.
Life Is Unpredictable
What are you up to at this moment? Well, do you know your life can change without even a notice? Then why not enjoy every single moment in your life. The outcomes of tomorrow are not written on stone.
On top of that, you don’t know what will happen when tomorrow comes. So if you want to have a happy life start by enjoying your life now. Tomorrow will have its own set of problems and you might not get the chance to smile.
Inspirational Quotes About Happiness:
1. “For every minute you are angry you lose sixty seconds of happiness.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
2. “Happiness is a direction, not a place’’ – Sydney J. Harris
3. “Our capacity to draw happiness from aesthetic objects or material goods, in fact, seems critically dependent on our first satisfying a more important range of emotional or psychological needs, among them the need for understanding, for love, expression and respect.” – Alain De Botton
4. “Don’t rely on someone else for your happiness and self-worth. Only you can be responsible for that. If you can’t love and respect yourself – no one else will be able to make that happen. Accept who you are – completely; the good and the bad – and make changes as YOU see fit – not because you think someone else wants you to be different.” – Stacey Charter
5. “When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.” – Helen Keller
6. “We begin from the recognition that all beings cherish happiness and do not want to suffer. It then becomes both morally wrong and pragmatically unwise to pursue only one’s own happiness oblivious to the feelings and aspirations of all others who surround us as members of the same human family. The wiser course is to think of others when pursuing our own happiness.” – Dalai Lama
7. “Even a happy life cannot be without a measure of darkness, and the word happy would lose its meaning if it were not balanced by sadness. It is far better to take things as they come along with patience and equanimity.” – Carl Jung
8. “Folks are usually about as happy as they make their minds up to be.” – Abraham Lincoln
9. “It’s so hard to forget pain, but it’s even harder to remember sweetness. We have no scar to show for happiness. We learn so little from peace.” – Chuck Palahniuk
10. “You will never be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of. You will never live if you are looking for the meaning of life.” – Albert Camus
11. “People are unhappy when they get something too easily. You have to sweat – that’s the only moral they know.” – Dany Laferrière
12. Happiness cannot be traveled to, owned, earned, worn or consumed. Happiness is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace, and gratitude.” – Denis Waitley
13. “Learn to enjoy every minute of your life. Be happy now. Don’t wait for something outside of yourself to make you happy in the future. Think how really precious is the time you have to spend, whether it’s at work or with your family. Every minute should be enjoyed and savored.” – Earl Nightingale
14. “The essence of philosophy is that a man should so live that his happiness shall depend as little as possible on external things.” – Epictetus
15. “You cannot protect yourself from sadness without protecting yourself from happiness.” – Jonathan Safran Foer
16. “Let us be grateful to the people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.” – Marcel Proust
17. Cheerfulness is what greases the axles of the world. Don’t go through life creaking.” – H.W. Byles
I guess this is probably something that you will hear every day for the rest of our life, but I’ll still say it again. Life is too short to be unhappy. I chose to be happy and I’m loving the turns my life is making every single day. That is why I believe that everyone else out there should also make this choice. Just let the negative vibes go an embrace positive happy vibes. You will be surprised how your life can change for the better in just a moment.
Image By: Yogendra Singh
- The Miracles of Your Mind By Joseph Murphy
- How to Unleash the Power of Your Subconscious Mind: A 52 Week Guide By Joseph Murphy
- Emotional Intelligence By Travis Bradberry
- The Happiness Advantage: How a Positive Brain Fuels Success in Work and Life By Shawn Achor
- The Art of Happiness, 10th Anniversary Edition: A Handbook for Living By Dalai Lama